cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3550 - Strange Power/Mechanical Issue After Power Outage

dze3032
Apprentice

My printer is the Canon Pixma MG3550.

I had a power outage a while ago which seem to have affected my printer in some way.
When I plug it in directly to the wall, the only thing that happens is that the ""4"x6" Photo Paper" LED turns green.
When I then press the power button to turn the machine on, the power LED turns green. But that's where it ends.

Nothing happens, at all. Nothing is moving, nothing is making any sound. All you see is those two LED's lighting up continuously. No other button is responsive, no other LED turns on nor is the error LED blinking.

Also you can't turn the machine off using the power button, it can only be used to turn it on.
The only way to do it is to unplug.

I moved the printer around to different outlets and cut the power for a long period of time by removing all cables as instructed by troubleshooting but without succcess.
Obviously the printer is recieving power in some capacity, but maybe limited.

So I figured I would check the power module and the main board for obvious signs of damage or burns but found nothing.

Checked all the connections I could find and they all seem to be fine and plugged in.

I also want to point out that this happened while the printer was sitting in the exact same place it's been sitting for the last 3-4 years, meaning it has not been moved around or damaged by those means. I have not had any problems with the printer itself or the printing process prior to this.

Any ideas? Maybe that this happened right at the same time as a power outage was a fluke, which means it could be any kind of problem.

I'm not afraid to play around with this machine since I do have a backup printer, and this printer has been out of warranty for some time.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Charles

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements