cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3220

maryhb
Apprentice
I have had my pixma printer for a couple years. I previously used it with my pc and later with my Dell laptop. I never set up the wifi, just plugged it in to my device. I have a Fire tablet now, no plug in option. I have downloaded the Canon print service all and when that didn't work the Canon Selphy app, also Google cloud print. Their instructions as well as every how-to I found on the internet give instructions for a device that isn't mine. Even the prepare your printer set up isn't applicable to mine. Even the Canon pixma videos and written instructions require me to push buttons that aren't on my printer. For example they all say "push wifi button on printer". I have the blue Wi-Fi light, but no button. Or push button C. Again, it's not on my printer. It's not like my model number is some obscure printer only five people in the world have. Am I missing something?
1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

hi maryhb,

The only other way to connect this model to printer without using a usb is called the WPS method. This would require your router or modem to have a WPS button. The WPS button would either say WPS, have an icon of curved arrows or an icon of a lock.

If your router or modem has this button, please click HERE for the steps to connect your printer to your network using the WPS method.

If your router/modem does not have this button, you would not be able to use the printer wirelessly with your Fire Tablet since the only other connection method involves using the usb cord and a Windows or Mac computer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements