cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3220 Prints Photos Way Too Dark

Michael1973
Apprentice

I'm noticing lately that when I print color photos, they come out very dark.  I've had this printer for several years and for a long time the photo quality was great.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Michael1973,

Please make sure that you are using genuine Canon ink cartridges in your PIXMA MG3220.  Using third party ink cartridges can cause this to occur.

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

What is the type of paper that you are printing on?  Does the issue also happen on plain paper?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am running Windows 10.  I am printing on plain paper, with the understanding that it's not the best option for printing photos.  However, as noted in my earlier post, in the past the pictures came out fine.

Hi Michael1973,

You can adjust the color balance from the printer driver in Devices and Printer. Please click HERE for the steps to adjust the color balance. Please note the article is for a MG3500 series printer but the steps are the same to adjust the balance in the printer driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements