cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2920 not printing....driving me crazy!

Snoofie
Apprentice

My Pixma MG2920 printer/scanner/copier is less than a year old (got it last Christmas) and I have not had an issue with it so far.  But today it's decided to act up on me and I have no idea what might be causing it.  Hoping someone here can provide some insight.

I tried to print a single page today, and it seemed as though the paper wasn't feeding through.  So I did some Googling, and figured that maybe the roller heads needed cleaning.  I followed the instructions.  Still nothing.

Then I remembered that both of my print cartridges are low (as in, nearly empty.)  Now, my colour cartridge has been like that for AGES (I'm 99.9% sure I've never actually put in a new one; I think the one that's there now is the one that came with the printer last year.)  

I bought a new black cartridge the other day at Walmart, so after I cleaned the rollers and still didn't get any satisfaction, I replaced the (nearly) empty black ink cartridge, but left the color ink cartridge in the printer.  

It's still not printing.  

I'm not getting any kind of error message on the screen; the alarm light is not flashing.  When I try to print something, the pper will move into the printer, but then....nothing happens.

Is it because the empty colour cartridge is there? Will I need to have both cartridges replaced before the printer will actually work again? I've never had a printer that worked that way, so I have no idea.

Anyway, my hope is that someone can shed some light here.  Because as I said, I haven't had a single issue with this printer until today, and I really don't want to have to junk it and buy another one.  (I'll actually be pretty pissed if I have to do that.)

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements