05-07-2021 09:15 PM
Bless your heart for posting this even if it was 'late'. I just got my 2522 today and was baffled by this puzzle. You made my evening much brighter and a lot less stressful. I love, love, love this printer already, even though it was an inexpensive investment. I was warned to never get a 'cheap' printer because I would regret it, but so far I have absolutely no regrets.
Again, you're an angel for getting us through this maze!
Keep posting and we'll be watching for your tips and hints!
05-10-2021 10:08 AM
I just thought I would chime in to confirm that Kryseli's fix absolutely worked 100%; I was shocked at how quickly it completed the installation process when I did it the "right" way! I was also disgusted at myself for not realizing this was the answer all on my own.
So, for some 2021 verification of this fix, here's a current response and a comment: I'm loving my Canon printer already! So simple to use!
05-13-2021 01:28 AM - edited 05-13-2021 02:00 AM
I cant seem to get mines install, im not sure what driver im supposed to install ? please help! Ive searched everywhere and cant seem to find how to install it to my laptop . Edit: My scanner works, but not my printer. Im not sure if it is my laptop, it is Windows 10 Home in S mode.
05-13-2021 10:38 AM
This prior post is what worked for me. Give it a try, and be sure to wipe out any traces of the prior installation. You should have an installation disk that came with the printer - that's where you'll find the program for installing. If not, go to the Canon website and install from there.
03-10-2021 01:40 PM - edited 03-10-2021 01:42 PM
I know this is extremely late, but I have an answer for how to fix this for anyone who is looking for an answer in 2021. Like me, you probably plugged the printer in to the computer and turned it on before trying to install the drivers, I know I did! And... that was the problem. So here's how to fix it:
1. Disconnect the printer from your computer and turn it off.
2. Uninstall everything. Go to Printers in settings and Remove the printer. Uninstall every driver you've tried to install, any of the secondary programs, etc. Get rid of all of it.
3. Restart your computer just to make sure everything is gone.
Now we do it "right".
1. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRINTER TO THE COMPUTER.
2. Click on the install package and install the drivers and secondary programs you want.
3. ONCE the install program asks you to connect and turn it on, NOW you can connect it.
4. The install program will now work properly and you will swiftly be done with the setup process.