cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 Won't Install

TLD110166
Contributor

I was notified that I got a reply about this, but was unable to view the reply, so I deleted my original post, and am reposting.

I tried 4 times to get my new printer to install. It kept going from "printer detected" to "printer not detected, check connection". I tried every suggestion in the guide, as well as trying multiple USB ports and 2 different USB cables.

This is driving me nuts! Help!

59 REPLIES 59

As soon as I read this answer to 'drivers won't install", I knew it was the fix. Sure enough, it worked for me! I was about to give up and found this response when doing a search for the answer. Thanks!

I just thought I would chime in to confirm that Kryseli's fix absolutely worked 100%; I was shocked at how quickly it completed the installation process when I did it the "right" way! I was also disgusted at myself for not realizing this was the answer all on my own.

So, for some 2021 verification of this fix, here's a current response and a comment: I'm loving my Canon printer already! So simple to use!

@Kryseli ----- You are AMAZING!!!! I spent the first entire day with my printer trying to get it set up!!! I was so fustrated... I'm so glad I found your reply because it worked like a CHARM!!! How the heck did you figure it out?!?!? It's PERFECT!!! Thanks SO MUCH! 

Cheri'

Thanks!! I worked in IT in a library for a few years, and I just got this feeling... sometimes printers and drivers are extremely picky about the order you do things in. So I uninstalled everything and gave it a go and it worked!!

This! This works. Thank you!

I was just about ready to empty a full mag of 9mm into my MG2522 after failing to install the driver for hours. This comment saved me the legal troubles that would inevitably arise from such an action. Cheers dude.

So, this is really just a test to see who can follow directions?  Hahahaha!  I flunked that test, obviously.  Thanks for your excellent help!

Isn't everything? And you're welcome.

Thank you so much for this post. I almost threw it in the trash, before I found your comment. 

God bless you!

I'm going to try to return the printer to Walmart, even though I bought it online. Can I then just return it to any Walmart store?

Announcements