cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 Won't Install

TLD110166
Contributor

I was notified that I got a reply about this, but was unable to view the reply, so I deleted my original post, and am reposting.

I tried 4 times to get my new printer to install. It kept going from "printer detected" to "printer not detected, check connection". I tried every suggestion in the guide, as well as trying multiple USB ports and 2 different USB cables.

This is driving me nuts! Help!

59 REPLIES 59

I don't know if this will help, but it worked for me and a lot of other people, so give it a try!

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/Pixma-MG2522-Won-t-Install/m-p/336803/hig...

Is this info for someone using the disc to install? Coz I am not I don't have a disc player.

So delete all the software from Canon, and delete the printer drivers from the device manager. After that I did a reboot. Removed the usb cable from the PC. Installed the drivers from the install file (just the drivers not the canon software etc.) when the prompt came to that the printer was not connected, I connected the printer and it all works.

Such good news. Hurray for you! Enjoy your printer - it's a gem!

NO. This is not the problem. The DRIVERS REFUSE TO INSTALL. My computer, also Windows 10, can see the printer. But the DRIVERS WON'T INSTALL. This is not a problem with the users or the computer. Your driver software is screwed up.

kryseli
Contributor

I know this is extremely late, but I have an answer for how to fix this for anyone who is looking for an answer in 2021. Like me, you probably plugged the printer in to the computer and turned it on before trying to install the drivers, I know I did! And... that was the problem. So here's how to fix it:

1. Disconnect the printer from your computer and turn it off.

2. Uninstall everything. Go to Printers in settings and Remove the printer. Uninstall every driver you've tried to install, any of the secondary programs, etc. Get rid of all of it.

3. Restart your computer just to make sure everything is gone.

Now we do it "right".

1. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRINTER TO THE COMPUTER.

2. Click on the install package and install the drivers and secondary programs you want.

3. ONCE the install program asks you to connect and turn it on, NOW you can connect it.

4. The install program will now work properly and you will swiftly be done with the setup process.

I wish I'd know that BEFORE I'd gotten fed up, and thrown the brand new printer in the dumpster several months ago.

Yeah, I imagine it's wildly frustrating. But hopefully someone else will be helped by the answer!!

I litearlly made an account just to Kudos Kryseli. Thank you.  It flipping worked!!  No wonder this printer was 35.  Thanks a bunch!

I spent hours trying to install this printer driver.  Even went a got a new USB.  I was SO FRUSTRATED and you fixed it all for me.  Thank you so much for taking the time to post a solution.  God Bless. 

This is to a previous post from kryseli

Announcements