cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 Won't Install

TLD110166
Contributor

I was notified that I got a reply about this, but was unable to view the reply, so I deleted my original post, and am reposting.

I tried 4 times to get my new printer to install. It kept going from "printer detected" to "printer not detected, check connection". I tried every suggestion in the guide, as well as trying multiple USB ports and 2 different USB cables.

This is driving me nuts! Help!

59 REPLIES 59

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TLD110166,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10

Hello TLD110166,

If the setup is not detecting the printer, it could be caused by a poor connection or a problem with the computer understanding the USB connection for the printer. In this situation I would suggest checking in your computer's device manager for the printer connection.

To open device manager, you can press the Windows key and the letter R key on your keyboard at the same time. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and then click ok.

You can check for the printer by clicking on the option for imaging devices and Universal Serial Bus Controllers that show up in the device manager list. If the printer does not show up under Imaging Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers, the computer is not seeing a connection with that cable. You can try a different USB cable to see if it shows up.

If the 2522 shows up, you can right click and uninstall any connections that you see for the printer. After Uninstalling the connections, you can turn any security software off on your computer and your can try disconnecting the USB and trying the install again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Screenshot.jpg

I gave up, and threw the printer in the trash, since it had been too long to return it to the store for a refund. 

The Amazon tech-support guy gave up also and mine is on the way back.  It was brand new.

Mine was brand new too, but I bought it at Wal-Mart, and it had been over 30 days since I bought it, so it was too late to take it back for a refund.

The old one it was supposed to replace was a Canon and it gave good service but if I get a Canon right now it won't be in the 2500 series.  I believe it's a hardware issue as the program won't detect the printer unless the printer is turned on and off.  Something interrupts the commo between the program and the printer and prevents the printer from linking with the installed MP driver.  The prices on these printers has more than doubled since the purchase of my previous one.

I won't be getting a printer, until I can afford to get a new desktop. This one is so old, that it won't work with any new printers. It did the "USB item not recognized" with an HP printer that had been working wonderfully for quite a while. 

Announcements