cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 Printer used on Chromebook.

Camonw
Apprentice

Hello, I recently got a Pixma MG2522 printer and im trying to get it to connect to my Chromebook. Which is not windows or mac. Hopefully you know what it is because im not good with computers. My printer does not connect to wifi of course. Ive tried to go to the website to download the software for the printer but its only for windows, Macbook, Windows rt, i believe. Im hoping someone can help me figure this out. it kind of weird. I believe when i plug the USB cord into my computer it shows up as a Canon MG2500 series (USB). I click on that and then it says Add Printer Manually. So I click Canon under "Manufacturer"  but i dont see my printer option under Model. Which i assume the model is MG2522? or it says "or specify your own driver" which i dont know what that means. Please help....

17 REPLIES 17

So how do we set this printer up on a chrome book if we have no PC to initially install the printer onto google cloud from? Google cloud will not let me add this as a classic printer from my chromebook, it says that I have to use a PC or Mac, which I have neither.

How did you get it set up to your HP?

mooman890
Apprentice

Sorry to tell you ive already figured this out the hard way, there are no ppd files for this printer its unable to be linked to anyrhing other than a windows or mac computer, dont bother with cannons useless customer service they ask you all the simple things like is it on, ect ect. Then then waste about 1 hour of your time then tell you they cant help you oh and walmart wont take it back either your stuck. I bought s slightly higer priced hp and was printing in 5 mins so do with that a you will 

Ronda46
Apprentice

Allisonnicle
Apprentice

So I installed/ setup my printer using a windows system succesfully, and was able to print, but that system is now down and being replaced... but is there any way to manually connect the printer to my chromebook? I tried, but the correct model number was not an option From what Ive gathered this isnt an option, but I wanted to double check.

cookienae
Apprentice

trying to install pixma 922 on acer chromebook os

torey
Apprentice

I recently got a Pixma MG2522 printer and im trying to get it to connect to my Chromebook. Which is not windows or mac. Hopefully you know what it is because im not good with computers. My printer does not connect to wifi of course. Ive tried to go to the website to download the software for the printer but its only for windows, Macbook, Windows rt, i believe. Im hoping someone can help me figure this out. it kind of weird. I believe when i plug the USB cord into my computer it shows up as a Canon MG2500 series (USB). I click on that and then it says Add Printer Manually. So I click Canon under "Manufacturer"  but i dont see my printer option under Model. Which i assume the model is MG2522? or it says "or specify your own driver" which i dont know what that means. ANY HELP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same problem so i bought a adapter and connected it to my phone and it prints

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed per Community guidelines and replaced with screenshot to serve as visual aid.]

Announcements