cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2520/iMac Catalina10.15.3

JerryCPP
Apprentice

I just upgraded my iMac to Catalina 10.15.3. My printer works fine, as always, but the scan utility shows a box with "Canon IJ Scan Utility2” needs to be updated." I updated via the Canon website, but still get the box. Any tricks so I can still use the scan utility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi JerryCPP.

If the "'Canon IJ Scan Utility2' needs to be updated" error didn't go away after installing the newer version of the IJ Scan Utility from the MG2520 Drivers & Downloads page, drag the IJ Scan Utility folder to the trash, then run the installation again.  That will ensure the latest version is what is installed and used.  This process will reset any IJ Scan Utility settings back to default.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi JerryCPP.

If the "'Canon IJ Scan Utility2' needs to be updated" error didn't go away after installing the newer version of the IJ Scan Utility from the MG2520 Drivers & Downloads page, drag the IJ Scan Utility folder to the trash, then run the installation again.  That will ensure the latest version is what is installed and used.  This process will reset any IJ Scan Utility settings back to default.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Darius. That got the printer/scanner working - now if I can figure out how to email the document to myself. I am not hooked up to Mail; I use JUNO for my email.

Hi JerryCPP,

Because you are using a web based email, the scanned item would have to be attached to the outgoing email manually.

To email a scanned document, please use the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility.

Once the document has been scanned and saved, open a new email message.  Click the Files or Attachment button to manually attach the document to your email message.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MG2500%20series/2.0/EN/SU/Top.html

Hi Darius,

I followed these directions for my MG3520 but am still not successful. I dragged the IJ Scan Utility folder to the trash and ran the installation for my printer/scanner again but now there's not even a new utility folder showing up. Hope to hear back from you! Thanks.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ztran,

If you do not see a new scan utility after the install it will usually mean the install failed or some files are missing. I would suggest going back to our site using the link provided HERE.

You can click the option for drivers and downloads and then you can click select and then download next to the ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a. After that, you can click on the tab for software and click select and download next to the IJ scan utility2 Ver.2.3.8.

Once the downloads are complete, you can disable any security software that can get in the way of the install and then you can double click on the downloaded files to start the install. Once the installs are complete, you can check the Canon Utilities folder under applications for the new version of the IJ scan utility.

If the program is still not there, you can try a restart of the Mac and you can try the install again.

Announcements