cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2520, error from the start

mtfman
Apprentice

Hello,

I bought a Pixma MG2520 printer yesterday. After unpacking it, taking off all the tape, and plugging in the powercord (following each step), I tried turning it on. It will turn on, but the printer oscillates back and forth between showing the error light and the power light. I've tried unplugging it, plugging it into a different jack, reloading the ink, checking for extra tape...None of this does anything. At this point I've downloaded everything to my comp, but it seems I wasted my money on a machine that never worked to begin with....I need to start printing as I am a student. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi mtfman,

If you have already verified that all of the packaging tape and materials have been removed from the printer and have inserted the ink cartridges, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the power and error lights still atlernate, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance and to obtain your servicing options if needed.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements