cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2120 - error light on, not blinking, no codes given

jillians
Apprentice

I recently moved a Canon MG2120 from one room to another, hoping to use it on a different computer.  As soon as it's plugged in, the error light comes on but no error code appears.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in (all variations of cords & cables), and nothing happens.  Just a solid error light.

I can't get drivers installed on this computer because the computer won't "see" the printer.  I can't use MX Navigator for the same reason.  Both machines are running Windows 7.  I have tried reconnecting to the laptop so I could use the Navigator software.  As I suspected, it doesn't even register as being connected.  If it weren't for the error light, I'd think it wasn't getting power at all.

13 REPLIES 13

Rntexan
Apprentice
Thank y'all so much for this info. I had to do it twice but it worked!!! I was ready to toss mine in the garbage.

orangelightdeth
Apprentice

I made this username to say this didn't help at all. In fact, this actually made me really upset to read the official advice from canon is to unplug it, go take a 25minute dump, and hope it works when you plug it back in. Really canon? My grandma can troubleshoot better than this. I was in the market for one of your new mirrorless cameras but I'm sticking with Sony because of this unreliable pos.  

zaid_khalid
Apprentice

Hello all,
I have the same problem, and I know the cause as well as the fix!

My printer is Mg2965, and the problem happened because of the walloutlet is loose and have no switch so when I plug to it it cause a little spark..

I tried to wait after unplug as suggested but it doesn't work for me. Also I tried to flip the plug and nothing happened..
I bring a donner unit and swiped the charger at the back first but it doesn't work..then I swipe the internal boards one by one and checked it after each one until I swiped the main board at the left upper corner and it fixed finally..

Sorry for any grammar error because I am not a native English.

cavalier_chick9
Apprentice

I finally go to work, I had to unplug and plug in several times, but this tip worked.

Announcements