cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2120 - error light on, not blinking, no codes given

jillians
Apprentice

I recently moved a Canon MG2120 from one room to another, hoping to use it on a different computer.  As soon as it's plugged in, the error light comes on but no error code appears.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in (all variations of cords & cables), and nothing happens.  Just a solid error light.

I can't get drivers installed on this computer because the computer won't "see" the printer.  I can't use MX Navigator for the same reason.  Both machines are running Windows 7.  I have tried reconnecting to the laptop so I could use the Navigator software.  As I suspected, it doesn't even register as being connected.  If it weren't for the error light, I'd think it wasn't getting power at all.

13 REPLIES 13

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jillians.

To try and resolve this issue, please unplug the power from the unit for about 25-30 minutes.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the unit in directly to a wall outlet to see if the printer will power on.

If the issue persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried leaving it unplugged for several days.  As soon as it's plugged in to the wall, the orange error light comes on.  I'll try the support group, but I'm not liking my chances...

my MX 860 is ding the same... wondering if you found a solution.  dead except for that :Yellow: ALARM LIGHT on.

My MP 600 is doing the same thing. Orange light solid but I also have only horizontal lines on my LCD. I had an MP 800 before this that had an unresettable error code . I bought the MP600 because it used the same inlk cartridges.

No more Canons for me. I'll throw this one out along with my unused ink and get an Epson.

steveO
Apprentice

the same thing happened to me tried everything finaly got something that worked for me. first unplug the printer wait for light to go out then hold down the On button and plug back in this should work it worked for me good luck !!

@steveO wrote:

the same thing happened to me tried everything finaly got something that worked for me. first unplug the printer wait for light to go out then hold down the On button and plug back in this should work it worked for me good luck !!

Same issue on my CANON PIXMA MG 5622.

I tried what you suggested but it did not work at first.

I tried it a second time and it worked.

I did not plug / unplug from the wall. Instead I did it from the connection on the back of the printer.

Reason why I say this is because I think the isuue may have actually been that I plugged it incorrectly and the second time I tried, I flipped positioning (which is odd because the shape of the connector would suggest that there's no wrong way to connect).

Anyway, thank you for the tip. Without it I would have not tried flipping the connection.

Also wanted to let others know my "fix" as it may work for them as well.

Thanks again.

THANKS!!!!!  This worked for me as well!!!

I also registered just to say thanks.

Thanks. Worked a treat.

printerfixed
Apprentice
I made a username just to say thank you because your tip worked for me! Cheers!
Announcements