cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 6620 not recognizing my MAC

cfbrown
Apprentice

I just got this printer. I went to scan a page today my printer is not recognized on the screen of the printer. So I opened the Canon IJ Scan Utility2 and I get this message on my computer

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.
- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
- Network connection is prohibited by security software.
- Different scanner on the network is selected.

Check the above and try scanning again.
If you still cannot communicate, restart the computer.

Code:15,157,0

I'm wireless, running Mac OS High Sierra. I've gone to the download and drivers page and installed this.... ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3 (OS X)

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the error persists after the latest drivers have been installed, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I contacted Customer Support. I am using a MacBookPro Catalina v. 10.15 and just updated my Mac OS. I was told that Canon does not have the software to support Catalina at this time, and to use Apple Image Software. Apple Support told me to add the same Canon printer to my list of printers. I chose Bonjour Multifunction as Kind and Airprint as Use and get this error. There is no other support available anywhere on the web or with Apple to resolve this issue. So for now, I have a non-working Canon MX492 and am awaiting a software update.

grifftastic
Apprentice

I'm in the same situation.  Please fix this asap, Canon - I have a useless scanner and a ton of odd size documents to scan!  MacOS software does not help me, I need IJ Scan Utility to work again under Catalina.

Announcements