cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G7020 scanner lines after cleaning

Philbert62
Apprentice
Using my document feeder on my Pixma G7020 is suddenly creating lines after documents got stuck in the feeder. I tried to clean it, per instructions from Canon, but still have lines on areas that don't make sense to me. Am I going to have to have it professionally cleaned?
2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Philbert,

If you are getting lines in scans from the ADF, you can try cleaning the glass used for ADF scans. You can lift the lid so you can access the platen scanner glass. If you look to the left of the main platen glass, you will see a smaller glass used for ADF scans. You can clean that glass with a lint free cloth to see if the lines go away.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. our agents would be happy to check what is causing the issue and can provide service options if needed..

binder30
Apprentice

I had the same issue, and tried the soft cloth to clean it, but didn't work. Then I looked at the small glass ADF plate at a closer different angle and saw a mark on the glass that looked like ink.  Licked my thumb, rubbed it out, THEN used a soft cloth to wipe it.. good as new, lol.. It was driving me crazy for the longest time.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements