cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G6000 LCD display is too dark to read

Expat2020
Apprentice

Our new printer Pixma G6040 has a small LCD display screen. The intensity is really low - almost unreadable. Is there a way to adjust the light? I can't find any option in the manual. 

10 REPLIES 10

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

Thanks for replying. I'll look to see if this model is simply rebranded in the US and pose the question again if so. I'll also check the European sites.

I'm having the same issue with my G6020.  Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks

I was told by Canon that there is no option to increase the intensity of the screen. In other words - tough. Mine is a G6040. 

Just got a new G6020 and am having the same issue with the LCD.

Does anyone have a solution for the LCD lighting (or darkness actually 😞  )

Thanks

BenBenny1
Apprentice

Can't read LCD on TR4500. Makes the printer useless. Lots of other issues too. 

agree! LCD screen with zero contrast & no backlight makes text illegible & so difficult to change settings but the absolute worst most frustrating problem is trying to type wifi password when you can't see what you're writing OR figure out how the heck you're supposed to input symbols or numbers!! now the 'printer' can't even feed itself a sheet of paper any more which is probably the best thing that could happen so now I can throw out the crappy piece of junk without feeling guilty & obliged to put up with it

The community described how unacceptable the PIXMA TR4720 LCD without backlight is. I returned it.

Expat2020
Apprentice

It looks to me by the number of comments above to my original post that Canon has been unable (read unwilling)  to fix the problem, regardless of marketing location - US or otherwise. Having been in this business for my entire career in IT, I know an engineering issue when I see it.  The people behind the printer design would be interested to fix the issue - shame customer support hasn't appeared to pass on the complaints. 

Announcements