cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G4210

MTWoodward
Apprentice

Just bought this printer and attempted to print my first page. There was no yellow color represented. I ran the clean program, ran the nozzle thing, did an ink purge... now it only prints in red and black. Any ideas what I can do or should I send the machine back? I prefer equipment to work right, out of the box. Go figure. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Surprised a new device would give you problems like this out of the box.

Of course verify the tanks have been filled with the correct color ink 

Also that all shipping/packing materials have been removed from the printer.  

Try a nozzle check pattern again.  

I'd suggest calling Canon, but getting a hold of someone on a long holiday weekend might prove difficult.  Like you I also believe that something should work out of the box.  If you are confident the set up was performed properly and its not printing, I'd exchange it.  There is no reason not to believe an identical replacement won't work right out of the gate.  If you did get a lemon, the chance of another printer which is not working is right about zero %.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MTWoodward,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but too late. I'm returning the printer and will not buy Canon again. Couldn't stay connected to wifi, printed in only two colors, would not scan... I want things perfect right out of the box, and this was not it. 

Announcements