cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G4210 and OSX Mojave not scanning

Sailormannn
Contributor

Hi there. 

Anyone else having trouble getting the CANON PIXMA 4210 scanner to work with macOS Mojave v. 10.14.1 on wireless. Able to print, but the scanner isn't recognized.  

Tried CANON Tech Support who weren't very helpful. Said Canon hasn’t delivered a driver that’s compatible with OSX Mojave yet. 

Very disappointing as this is a new printer. 

4 REPLIES 4

Sailormannn
Contributor

Spent an hour on the phone with Canon Tech Support today. They tried a bunch of different things to try to get the scanner to work. Finally gave up and confirmed it must be a driver issue; they said they would escalate and get back to me. 

Disappointing as the G4210 is advertised as fully compatible with macOS including Mojave v10.14

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/Mac-OSX-Compatibility

@Sailormannn wrote:

Spent an hour on the phone with Canon Tech Support today. They tried a bunch of different things to try to get the scanner to work. Finally gave up and confirmed it must be a driver issue; they said they would escalate and get back to me. 

Disappointing as the G4210 is advertised as fully compatible with macOS including Mojave v10.14

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/Mac-OSX-Compatibility

Interesting. It's been a week since I escalated to Canon Tech Support. No changes to my macOS or Canon Firmware, and no further contact with Canon Support. Today, I tried scanning for the first time since last week and guess what, it works. Used the Canon IJ Scan Utility Light to perform a couple of scans. It found the scanner on the network and worked.

No idea why it now works; since Canon Tech couldn't get it to work last week and no changes to my system. One thing though. I tried a scan using the Mac Image Capture and it still gives me a communication error.

Glad I'm able to scan but not sure if Canon had anything to do with it. 

Hello.

Make sure that the IJ Scan Utility LIte program is installed.  Visit the following link to access the download:

PIXMA G4210 Drivers & Downloads

Once there, go to the "Software" section to download the program.  The program can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Michael wrote:

Hello.

Make sure that the IJ Scan Utility LIte program is installed.  Visit the following link to access the download:

PIXMA G4210 Drivers & Downloads

Once there, go to the "Software" section to download the program.  The program can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in Applications.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Thanks ... I am using the IJ Scan Utility Lite program. I think I figured out what might be the issue though.

I am using a Hitron Coda-4582U gigibit modem/router. It has 2 networks one that is 2.4 and another that is faster and identified by the same network name but with the extension "5G". My macs are typically using the 5G network and are both able to print on the G4210. If I try to scan on this network, however I get a communications error.  This is usng the IJ Scan program. If I switch to the 2.4 slower network, it seems to work and I am able to scan, albeit at slower speeds than I'm able to print. 

I think this could be resolved if I can figure out if the G4210 is able to connect to my 5G network and if the scanning function is compatible. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements