cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G4200 - Print head availability

JJDucom
Apprentice

Hi all,

I need to replace the printheads on my Pixma G4200.

I've found the part numbers in this forum:

QY6-8009-000 - black
QY6-8021-000 - color

but I can't find a place to buy from.

What the safest way to get these parts ?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

JJDucom
Apprentice

Extremely disappointed by this Canon printer.

After many years of loyal and succesful use of Epson printers, I was interested by this concept of refilling ink tanks and decided to give a try to this Canon Pixma G4200 model.

Printing quality was good, but after only two years of home use (not much of an intensive use), and refillilng only with Canon ink, the black printhead went clogged and despite many attempts to clean it, my last hope is to buy a new print head.

I do hope there is a way to replace it at an affordable cost, otherwise what is the point of these refillable ink tanks ...

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Hi JJDucom,

I was also looking for the Printheads for Canon G4200. Did you have any luck finding them? It appears as if no one bought this printer except myself. 

After spending whole day googling and searching for the printheads, I was just able to find the parts list for the printer. 

I would appreaciate if you could just incase you had any success with this. 

Thanks, 

Riz

Hello Riz,

I'm sorry but I've not been able to get in touch with anyone at Canon.

There is no way to get in touch with anybody ... except for buying a printer I guess !

After few weeks and numerous unsuccessful trials to talk to someone, I've finally given up and bought another printer ... an EPSON one, with classic printheads, no more ink tanks.

I thought it was a pretty nice idea though, but obviously not yet mastered by Canon. As for Epson, I won't know as I didn't want to take any chance.

Have a great Easter weekend,

Jean-Jacques

Hello JJDucom,

It is such a shame. I really started to believe that Canon was a better brand than Epson, but this incident has left me to think otherwise. I will keep digging and see if there is any luck. But so far it appears there are no replacement parts for G Series in US/Can. There are plenty in India and Asian Market.

Thanks once again for replying back. Have a great easter weekend and all the best.

Riz

Alnoor555
Apprentice

Hi, Does anybody know where I can G1200 prinhead Black, QY6-8009-000 - black, not sure if this is the part number

Hey all. I've been having the same issues & jumping through the same hoops as everyone has encountered. Tried manually cleaning the printheads, multiple cleaning cycles, bought new ink and refilled the tanks (since I wasted so much on trying to get the printer printing again), etc. 

I finally got through to a live person on Canon support by not choosing any of the automated options, then when someone was actually on the line- I said I needed to replace the print cartridges on my Canon Pixma G4200 and was transfered to the Parts department. I was able to order the black and color cartridges. I just now installed them and printed the nozzle check and am back in business. The total amount plus shipping was $79.

Hope this helps! I feel your pain.

Hey Troo,

Thanks so much for sharing the details here. I'm sure this would help many who are stuck with these printheads (Not to be found anywhere).

Just a quick question though, did you happen to ask the canon tech support ugy if there is any conveninet way of ordering the replacement printheads otherthan calling Canon? Also, how did the ordering on the phone work? like how did you make the payment and all? I'm asking since I'm here in Canada and I'm not sure whether ordering them by calling Canon would work here too. 

Once again, thanks so much for updating on the process and sharing your experience!

Cheers!

jmeltzer
Apprentice

To get new OEM print heads, call Canon Support at 866-481-2569 or 800-828-4040. Get through the voice menu to Parts Order for Pixma printers (try saying "Order Parts" if the menu drives you nuts) and ask for items QY6-8009-010 (the black head, $29.14) and QY6-0821-000 (the color head, $36.77).  Then give them shipping address, credit card information, et cetera. They will tell you that you are buying at your own risk - this is the warehouse, not the repair center. They don't give technical advice. Good luck. 

(or you can try the clones on eBay ... again, at your own risk.)

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements