cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G4200 Error Code 5B00

denlow
Contributor

I have had this Pixma G4200 bulk tank all-in -one for less than 18 months and it will not print, scan, copy or anything! Error Code displayed is 5B00. Canon Tech indicated it was an issue with the print carridge sensor and that my only option was to upgrade to a new printer. Online searches for this error code seemed to all indicate it was an absorber pad full issue. What good is saving $$ with bulk tank ink when the printer itself self destructs before using all the ink supplied?

11 REPLIES 11

BBoyer
Apprentice

Still on my original ink and Error 5B00 and now you are telling me I need a new printer? 

angelikore
Apprentice

Anyone had any luck at all with this? bought one may last year and it wont do anything now because of the 5b00 error. Tried all the recommended fixes with booting into service mode, hitting stop 5 & 6 times, tried the reset tool. No love.

I had no luck, either trying everything to clear the code. Had to buy a new printer Smiley Mad

Me too, ended up buying new printer, 

What replacement printer did you go with?

I really wanted to stay with a bulk tank printer, so I ended up with the Canon G4210. Hope I don't end up with the same issue.

I ended up with the same feedback from Canon: there is no work around.  They offered a discounted price a G4210 which was about $15 lower than I could have gotten at Best Buy.  No thanks.  I paid more for the G4200 with the assumption I was getting better quality and would save on ink over the long haul.   It lasted 26 months.

I bought a later printer.... HP

printkita
Apprentice

error code 5b00 means the waste ink pad counter is reach the maximum limitation, you must reset it using Canon Service Tool V3400. If necessary, replace waste ink pad with new part

Just share my knowledge

Jack-01
Apprentice

Please provide Pixma G4200 iprinter nstructions on how to clear error code 5B00 .

Announcements