Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Pixma G4200 Error Code 5B00

I have had this Pixma G4200 bulk tank all-in -one for less than 18 months and it will not print, scan, copy or anything! Error Code displayed is 5B00. Canon Tech indicated it was an issue with the print carridge sensor and that my only option was to upgrade to a new printer. Online searches for this error code seemed to all indicate it was an absorber pad full issue. What good is saving $$ with bulk tank ink when the printer itself self destructs before using all the ink supplied?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pixma G4200 Error Code 5B00

[ Edited ]

Still on my original ink and Error 5B00 and now you are telling me I need a new printer? 

New Contributor

Anyone had any luck at all with this? bought one may last year and it wont do anything now because of the 5b00 error. Tried all the recommended fixes with booting into service mode, hitting stop 5 & 6 times, tried the reset tool. No love.

Occasional Contributor

I had no luck, either trying everything to clear the code. Had to buy a new printer Smiley Mad

New Contributor

Me too, ended up buying new printer,