cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G4010 printing green

GIJane824
Apprentice

Hi!  I have a problem with my printer.  I think I need to clean the print heads to fix the problem as all FAQ's point to this when your prints are turning out greenish when they are not on my screen.  When I first started printing this morning, everything printed as expected but the more I printed, there was a slow progression of green and now, the prints are completely green.  

My problem is, I have 42 jobs in my print queue.  How do I go about cleaning the print heads, or any maintenance for that matter, when there's a document in the print queue?  

I tried to print a test page, move the job to the top of the queue, but the queue won't move the job.  It puts it back down at the bottom.  

I'm on a Macbook Pro and running Catalina.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GIJane824,

To clear the print queue, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Double click the printer on the left side.

4.  Delete pending documents.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for your reply, however, you did not answer my question.  I don't want to clear my print queue.  I absolutely do NOT!!!  I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.  

Hi GIJane824,

Please perform a cleaning by following these steps:

1.  Press the wrench and screwdriver button on your printer.

2.  Use the left or right arrow to select Maintenance and press OK.

3.  Use the left or right arrow to select Cleaning or Deep cleaning and press OK.

For more information regarding this, please view this page from the manual:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G4010%20series/EN/UG/ug_m_01_c.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cannot press any buttons on the printer.  When I do, it beeps at me.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Announcements