cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G-6020 setup

HSECP620
Apprentice

I am following the setup instructions for the Pixma G-6020. The screen for language selection appears, and I clicked OK. THen I get a screen that says: "Set to English?" and below it "Yes     <Cancel>"     There are no "Yes" or "cance" buttons on the machine, and pushing on the LCD display does nothing. When I push the "OK" button again, it just takes me back to the first screen for language selection. What am I missing? I am stuck in an endless loop and cannot finish setting up the printer. Can someone please help?

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What operating system are you ruuning and what driver or software version are you trying to install?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank for your reply - I was stuck before I got to the part of installing the printer on my computer. I finally got through to Canon customer service on the phone & got the help I needed!

Greetings,

If you wouldn't mind posting the solution, it might help others.  

Thanks

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

(1) The screen on the G-6020 does not actually light up; you have to use a flashlight if your room light is not sufficient.

(2) Anything on the screen that is enclosed in < > can be toggled with the left and right arrows, and then after you make your choice, you click "OK" . My problem was that I could not figure out how to get past the first screen where you choose the language for the printer. It  just did not make sense to me. The tech support person guided me through the setup - so if you are having issues with that, I can tell you it is well worth waiting on hold with telephone customer service in order to get help.

Would you mind sharing the fix? My grandmother is having this issue and has had no success trying to reach customer service. Thx!

OK- Here's the answer: Use the '<' button to move the < > around OK, so it looks like this: < OK >. Then press the OK button. Jeez. What an unintuitive interface. 

Thanks so much for that explanation. I actually took my initial purchase back and had it replaced because of that language loop thing. Would be so easy to have the directions in the set up brochure.

Oh my goodness. I am an IT professional and industry analyst with 20 years experience and got stuck on this. Bad UI design, Canon!!

Please share what you learned!!! I'm having the same problem and I've been on hold with tech support for ages. It can't be that hard... Must be some trick that isn't obvious...

Announcements