cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 830 errors, not working

muldoon
Apprentice

Hi,

I got the dreaded error 5100 with the grinding noise when I had a piece of paper fall apart in the printer. I have vacuumed out where i could, inserted plastic sheets to clear the paper path, cleaned off all spare oil, lubricated the rod that the ink tanks float on, replaced ink tanks,and tried to direct the printer from the computer to solve this with no success, the machine won't print just the Alarm and Copy lights just blinking.. I have been able to manuever it over to another error where the printer says that  if I turn off the machine and restart it with the scanner lock unlocked that the problem will be solved, but that doesn't work . I am also able to get it to the FTS Test Mode by holding down the On/Off button while I turn on the printer with a circuit breaker but so far I have found no way to take it any further than that.

It drives me nuts that I can't get it to work since everything looks perfect, up to now a very good machine.. Because there is no way of knowing what is involved price/service-wise I was discouraged from giving it over to the Geek Squad. The counter person there said I should just buy something new. If anyone out there can think of anything that might help let me know , would appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements