cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 5300 series LCD menu does not do what is selected

IdahoMichele
Contributor

While set to the correct setting, i.e. B&W, printer just goes ahead and prints color. While set for rear tray copying, won't do it.

4 REPLIES 4

IdahoMichele
Contributor

Nothing in the manual about this.

IdahoMichele
Contributor

Printer goes offline every night requiring a restart of the computer, or unpugging the printer from computer.

Hi, IdahoMichele!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have never had any of the real issues about this printer addressed here. This is the absolute worst printer I've ever owned, and for that matter the number one worst piece of office equipment ever. It is not really for someone who needs a reliable printer, rather it's for a teenage girl who wants to print photos (good luck with that) and make cute cards for her friends. The menu means nothing, i.e. want single-sided only? Too bad, you're getting double sided. Want B&W only, forget that, you get color if there's color, you want a printer ready on waking to print? Totally forget that, you must restart your computer, or uunplug and replug the printer USB cable. Wow what a piece of  junk! Good thing it was CHEAP, because as soon as I'm able I'm throwing it in the goodwill box and going back to an HP printer. Because the support is so dismal, people should think twice before dropping one, red, cent on this piece of garbage. A total POS.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements