cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 3620 prints 50% of the time

cb810
Apprentice

This printer has been a colossal pain in the butt since we got it. The wifi connection between the printer and computer has been hit or miss. Sometimes it works immediately, many times it won't work at all. We turn the printer off and on. We try to follow instructions. It's not intuitive and very frustrating. Right now, I replaced the ink, ran the nozzle test and when I went to print and it won't connect. Screengrab attached. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 10.44.33 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2

cb810
Apprentice

Hey canon, whatcha got for me? I need your help.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Lets check the current connection status of the printer.  Please go to the printer and perform the following:

1.  Load a new sheet of plain A4 or Letter sized paper in the unit.
2.  Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it when the ON lamp flashes.
3.  Press the Wi-Fi button again.
4.  A sheet will print displaying the network information.

When the sheet prints, tell us the following:

1.  Is the SSID shown on the print the exact same network that the MAC is connected to? (Please note, if you have a 5GHz version of your network, you would need to switch the computer to the 2.4 GHz network in order to communicate with the printer.)
2.  What is the signal strength percentage?
3.  What is the IPv4 IP Address?
4.  What is the IPv4 Default Gateway?

Next, open the web browser on your computer and enter the IP address into the address bar.  Are you able to connect to the configuration page of the printer, or does an error occur?  Perform this test with the Default Gateway address as well.

Once we have this information we will try to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements