cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 2522 says ink cartridges cannot be recognized

Iforgotmyprozac
Apprentice

I bought a Pixma 2522 several months ago it is mostly used to print documents or school papers for my kids (they are homescholed I HAVE to have a working printer) I printed some things a week ago and was low but not out of ink I tried to print something a couple of days ago and got an error message didn't pay attention to what it said because i knew the ink was very low I bought ne Canon Fine Cartridges Black 243 Color 244 same ones i always buy and am still having problems I get support code 1401 The following cartridges cant be recognized Both black and color i have take removed and reinserted both the new and old cartridges multiple time and still have this problem I also tried unplugging the printer from the power and usb cable like i found on google and nothing works please help I need this printer to work I live in a small town in South Alabama and we have just had a huricane and are dealing with flooding issues so i can not drive the 25 miles to my closest walmart to buy more ink It is not safe right now to many bridges with water still rising 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For the 2500 series, a error 1401 means the Fine Cartridge is not being correctly detected.  

First thing to check.  Are you sure you have the correct cartridge in the right slot?

Inspect the cartridges, their contacts and the contact in the slots.  Make sure any tapes have been completely removed and that the slots are free of any debris.

Reinstall and test.

If the behavior persists, the printhead may have reached the end of its useable life.

Translation: New printhead or new printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Iforgotmyprozac,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

diny13601
Apprentice

After a lot of trouble, I found out how to properly replace my low ink cartridges. Since your printer is only a couple of months old, it is not a problem with the printhead being too old and used. For yours, if you have new cartridges, you need to do a reset. The new ink is not automatically detected--stupid printer. You need to follow these steps in order:

With printer on, remove cartridge.
Push reset or stop button, whichever you have.
Turn off printer. I unplugged mine for a minute to be sure.
Turn printer back on.
Replace ink cartridge.
It should work.

I would like to add that I never replace my ink until the print starts getting really light. I have had this printer for many years. In fact, I had purchased an HP printer that did not work correctly. I returned that printer and went back to using my old, trusty Canon.

Announcements