07-05-2014 03:59 PM
PiximaMX700 (Windows 8.1 64bit ) message cannot connect to scanner. Connected by LAN to router. All connections seem fine.
Had been OK until recently. Any help appreciated.
07-28-2014 02:45 PM
When you are unable to scan wirelessly, it is recommended that the PIXMA MX700 is reinstalled. Please make sure that the ethernet cable is connected from the network port on your PIXMA MX700 to a port on your router or network hub. To perform the uninstall, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX700's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.
3. Click on Search.
4. Type RUN.
5. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.
6. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
7. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
8. Double click the folder named WIN.
9. Double click the folder named Driver.
10. Double click the folder named X64.
11. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
12. Double click the file named DELDRV and in the Run box click OK.
13. Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall the drivers.
14. Once finished, place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.
15. Click on Search.
16. Type RUN.
17. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.
18. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
19. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
20. Double click the folder named WIN.
21. Double click the folder named LAN.
22. Double click the folder named English.
23. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
24. In the Run box click OK and then Yes on the Delete BJNP Port window.
25. The uninstaller will prompt you to restart the computer, please click Yes to restart the computer.
While the computer is restarting, please follow these steps to reset the LAN settings on your PIXMA MX700:
1. Press <MENU>.
2. Press the right arrow key to select Maintenance/Settings and press OK.
3. Press the right arrow key to select Device Settings and press OK.
4. Press the down arrow key to select LAN Settings and press OK.
5. Press OK on Reset LAN Settings.
6. Press OK for Yes and the settings for the LAN will be reset.
To get your PIXMA MX700 operating on your network, please follow these steps:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
2. Type PIXMA MX700 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Under Recommended For You, please click on the MX700 series Mini Master Setup.
5. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to " I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
6. Click the Download button.
7. When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save.
8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
9. Double click [md6l-win-mx700-1_02-en.exe] to begin installation of the PIXMA MX700.
Follow the prompts and installation will complete.
Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
07-29-2014 11:52 AM
Thank you so much for your reply, Patrick.
Actually I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling & reinstalling MP Navigator Ex 1,0 + installing some suggested updates from Canon Website. Not sure what did the trick, but it is working again. I appreciate your concern. ladyturner
07-29-2014 12:44 PM
I'm glad to hear that you are printing again!