cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixima TS9020 Printing Pink

NShands2020
Contributor

I have run through all the diagnostics as well as cleaned the printer heads and stil when I attempt to print color I get pinks.  I'm attaching two pictures.  One is of the test run that has the G and H in red showing an issue and a color picture with the original color and the what actually prints.  I don't know how to fix this.  Black and White prints just fine.  Thank you for your assistance.20200329_140006.jpg20200329_140206.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm not receiving an error message just incorrect color printing.

• OS is Windows 10
  • Connetion is WiFi

It does not matter if I print from my laptop or my Android phone the issue is the same, Pink overriding the other colors.

Hi NShands2020,

First, let's do a test of your printer.  Please load letter-sized paper in your PIXMA TS9020 and follow these steps:

1.  Please tap the gear icon at the bottom of the display of your printer

2.  Select Maintenance

3.  Select Print nozzle check pattern

4.  Tap Yes

A test page will print.  Please compare it to the example below.  Does your test page print correctly?

Nozzle Check

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please see the attached picture that printed after performing this function.Test1.jfif

The test page is not printing properly either.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I purchased my printer in 2017.  It is outside of the support window.  I can't even purchase any extended support.  I was hoping someone in this community could help me.  guess not.

Hi NShands2020.

If the printer is outside of warranty, our knowledge base is still available for help troubleshooting.

Check the Cyan and CLI Black ink tanks; ensure the vents at the top edge of the label for each is unobstructed, and that the bright orange protective tape is fully removed.  Also ensure the Cyan and CLI Black have ink available.  If an ink tank is low, replace it.

Perform a print head cleaning and, if that doesn't work, a deep cleaning to try clearing the nozzles.  Follow each such cleaning with a nozzle check to look for improvement.  If no improvement is seen after the deep cleaning, then the TS9020 will need to be replaced.

scall0way
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem as reported in:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/Pixima-TS9020-Printing-Pink/m-p/300726

I have a Pixma TS9020 that is no longer printing colors mainly just black and pink as just like above. Like the above I've had my printer since 2017, actually sent to me by Canon as a replacement for my previous printer which died while still under warranty.

Steps Ive taken:

1) Unplugged printer for several minutes, after turning off, to force a reset;

2) ran nozzle check (prints only black and pink) and performed deep cleaning several times.

3) deleted printer from Win10 and then reinstalled to make sure driver was up to date

4) checked firmware setting on the printer (it's up to date)

5) replaced all my ink cartridges even though most of them said they still had sufficient ink

I'm out of warranty and if there is a way to pay for service I can't find it on the Canon site. The problem that I referenced above that sounds identical to mine doesn't seem to have a solution.

I'm on Win10 connected via WiFi, all worked fine until a few months ago and then just stopped out of the blue.

Announcements