cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixima MP287 printer head alignment problem

thai3
Apprentice

New pprinter, test print in the shop OK but must have had a jolt on the way home. Printer head gone out of alignment, double prints in colour with a big line vertical, black not bad. Tried the test print and scan to re set the head but no better, if anything worse. OS 8.1 does not have a manual reset in the maintenace dialogue box so stuck, shop says do what I have already done. So I have a new colour printer than only works on black! Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, thai3!

Thanks for joining the Canon Community Forum! We recommend running a print head alignment which you can access by pressing the maintenance key on your printer. This is the key with an icon of a pair of pliers and a screwdriver.

For full step-by-step instructions, click HERE. The article you'll see is written for the US model, which is the PIXMA MP280. Your PIXMA MP287 should be virtually identical and the instructions can be followed without any changes.

Please let us know if you still need help!

Thanks for the reply, I tried this but the same. Took it to the shop again and they found the fault was grease/dirt on the bar that the cartridges run along, so it works fine now.

Announcements