Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pixima MG3022

I have until today loved this printer.  It has scaned beautifully to my phone or tablet. 

Today I am trying to scan, and it sill not.  The black ink and color ink lights blink and it will not look for the wireless.

If I open the ink cartrige door, it goes to wireless and it seems fine, but it does not respond to anything.  I want to change the ink, but have to wait until payday.  Do I need brand new ink in the machine at all times to use it? 

The manual says that if the black is gone, it will still work in color.  But if all the ink is gone, does that mean the whole machine is dead?

Product Expert

Re: Pixima MG3022

Hi Boyd,

We don't recommend printing or copying with an empty ink tanks as that can damage the unit, but scanning does not require any ink.  You can disable the ink sensor by pressing and holding the Stop button for 5-7 seconds.  This should clear the ink error and allow you to scan.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.