PixMA MX922 upper tray problem

Booktoo
Apprentice
mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"
How do I rectify this once and for all
4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Hello Booktoo and welcome to the Canon Forum    The machine has two paper sources for feeding paper, the cassette (upper) and cassette (lower).

The paper source used depends on the page size and media type.

Note:

When printing, select the correct page size and media type. If you select the wrong page size or media type, the machine may feed paper from the wrong paper source or may not print with the proper print quality.

Loading Small Size Photo Paper in the upper cassette

When using small size photo paper, such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm), load it in the upper cassette.

The machine feeds photo paper from the upper cassette automatically if you select a page size such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) in the print settings at the operation panel or the printer driver.

(A) Photo paper (4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) size)

Loading Large Size Photo Paper / Plain Paper or Envelopes in the lower cassette

When using large size photo paper or plain paper, such as A4, B5, A5, or Letter, load it in the lower cassette. You can also load envelopes in the lower cassette.

The machine feeds paper from the lower cassette automatically if you select a page size such as A4, B5, A5, or Letter in the print settings at the operation panel or the printer driver.

(B) Photo paper (A4, 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), or Letter size)

(C) Plain paper (A4, B5, A5, Letter, or Legal size)

(D) Envelopes

Loading Paper with the Print Side Facing Down

If paper has print side (front or back), such as photo paper, load it with the whiter side (or glossy side) facing down.

(E) upper cassette

(F) lower cassette

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Booktoo
Apprentice
I am printing from my iPhone 5s
I have a screenshot I want to print
Can't I print yo plain paper?

Also where to I select the lower tray from?

Hello.

When printing from your iPhone via Apple AirPrint, the paper size is selected automatically according to the application software being used on the phone, and the region in which AirPrint is used.  When Apple's photo application software is used, the paper size used is 4x6.

The printer will select the appropriate tray based on the paper size that was sent to the printer by your App or document.  Please check to see if your app allow you to specify a paper size or document size before sending it to the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties, you may have to print the document or photo from a standard Windows or Mac computer. 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rsdaud
Apprentice

I had this problem using MS Word.  If you go to the  "tools" dropdown menu then "letters and mailings" then "envelopes and labels" you will see an Options button....fourth one down on the right side.  When you click on it you can select Envelope Size. I had a problem with printing standard envelopes from the bottom tray because I did not set the envelope size correctly to Size 10.  Hopefully, this may be your issue.

Announcements