04-03-2016 11:02 PM
It's plugged in by USB, though it thinks it isn't. If I use the controls on the printer it says "preparing" and then returns to "place item on scanner". If I try to scan from system preferences on the Mac, I get the message that it can't communicate with the printer because it may be off or not plugged into USB. Neither is the case.
I have a Mac, running El Capitan. Updated to latest printer drivers... still not working.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-05-2016 11:28 AM
To try and resolve this issue, we will need to remove and reinstall the software for the unit. Please disconnect the USB cable and then follow these steps to uninstall the software (if you are unable to complete a step, please move to the next step):
1. Close all running applications - including antivirus software.
2. Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner.
3. Click on System Preferences, and double-click 'Printer and Faxes'.
4. In the Printer List dialog, select all the printers added to the Printer List and then click 'Delete'.
5. Open Library, Printers, Canon, and drag the BJPrinter folder to the Trash.
6. Open Library, Receipts, and drag any files that contain your model number as part of the file name. NOTE: DO NOT trash the CanonPrinterDrivers.pkg file.
7. Open Library, Image Capture, and TWAIN Data Sources, and move Canon MP560.ds to the trash.
8. In the Finder menu, select 'Empty Trash' to delete them.
9. In the Apple menu, click 'Restart'.
Once the computer restarts, please follow these steps to download the necessary files to begin installation:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MP560 in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click the Get Drivers & Downloads button.
3. Under Recommended Downloads, please click the "Select" button next to the MP560 series MP Driver.
4. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
5. Click the Download button.
6. If a Save As box comes up, click Save.
7. Once the download is complete, please click the "Select" button next to the MP560 series Scanner Driver.
8. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
9. Click the Download button.
10. If a Save As box comes up, click Save.
11. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
12. Double click [mcpd-mac-mp560-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg] to install the printer driver.
13. Double click [msd_-mac-mp560-15_5_2a-ea8_2.dmg] to install the scanner driver.
Files will extract, follow the prompts to complete installation.
Restart the computer once complete.
Once the computer restarts, please open the MP Navigator and attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
09-25-2017 10:55 PM
I'm having the same issue here. Can copy and print, but not scan. Am trying to do things wirelessly, which is why I bought this printer in the first place, and no luck. I'm on a PC, not a Mac.
09-25-2017 11:31 PM
The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.
If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.
If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.
We hope this helps!