cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PiXMA TR8520 Driver issues

jdarsnek
Apprentice

I down loaded the drivers from Canons website and installed them on my wifes pc. However when I went to make the TR 8520 the default printer it  said that it didn't have any drivers. The printer didn't come with a disk so I have to down load to my pc and then transfer to hers using a flash drive. I'm at a loss as what to do next.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Seems like you have found where to download drivers for your printer.  This is preferred since what might come on a install CD is always outdated compared to what you can get online.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

You can download them to any computer with an internet connection.  If her PC is not connected to a network or the internet, how is the printer conected?

Answering these questions might help:

What operating system is her computer running?

What is the printer connected to?

What installer did you use (specifically)?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

She is running windows 8.1, the printer is connected to the network via WIFI and to her pc with a cable. The installer that I used was the one provided at Canons website ( Win-tr-1_1-n_mcd.exe ).

Thankyou for responding as I'm at a loss as what to do next.

Announcements