cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones will only print on envelopes

ThirdMary
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Canon G7020.  This problem started 2 days ago.  No one's phone in the house can select 8-1/2 x 11 paper to print on.  Envelope auto pupulates the paper size box and there is no option to change it.

It happens on 3 iPhones and 1 iPad. 

I can only print on letter sized paper if I send the job from my macbook.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

On most Canon printers there are 2-3 spots where this information can be modified.

AdHoc during the print operation

In the printer driver

On the printer itself

Examples of each:

You are perfoming a print operation from a computer or mobile device, print options are set on the fly

Print driver, on the PC or MAC.  In this case, the default tray and paper type can be specified (Printing Profile)

On the printer itself.  Many Canon printers allow you to register or asociate a particular default paper size or type to a tray, etc.

If you register a paper type to a particular tray, example (envelope) manual feeder, the printer will always look for an envelope in the manual feed tray when this job is selected.

See the section starting on page 190:

G7000 series Online Manual (c-wss.com)

Registering A Frequently Used Printing Profile

Be sure a profile specifying envelopes hasn't been set as the default profile for print jobs.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements