Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Paper tray will not close

I have a NEW Canon/Pixma TS 9020 and first thing had a small paper jam. Got paper  out in one piece no scraps.

The paper tray will not go all way in ....about 2" sticking out I hear a solid click. I've seen videos showing it all way in and others tray sticking out. !!!!

Which is correct? I run the Operational panel and it gives me the Code 1259..paper tray is out. Nothing is

blocking it. How do I correct this problem? I'm locked up...Help,  Bob

New Contributor

Re: Paper tray will not close

This "Lemon" is going back for a refund. My graddaugher who has lots experience with printers and computers

worked on this pile of junk for 2 hours and could not get it to clear the code. Like she said if this code can't be cleared

.....what's coming next !!!  I'm getting another brand printer that I had for 18 years and no bad problems like this thing.

Wish all well and Happy Printing !!!!   Bob

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Paper tray will not close

I had the same issue.  I have 2 drawers and only one would close but not both.  They would alternate also. I checked triggers, sensors etc.  Finally in the end pushing both closed at exactly the same time was my solution.