cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper jam

helmutnc
Apprentice

This is my fifth request for help!! I am about to give up, throw my printer in the trash & never again purchase anything Canon!!!

I desperately need help!!!

I am deaf & cannot use a phone. **Email address removed per forum rules** Please help me with email! I don’t need chat, I am willing to wait.

I have had my Pixma MG 2500 printer for about a year. It suddenly stopped printing. No matter what I do, the top sheet of paper only moves down ca 3 in, it makes all of the noises associated with printing but nothing emerges. the warning light flashes 3 X. I have tried, many times to load the paper, adjusting the paper guide varying the amount of paper loaded, etc. Nothing works.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Oh man...  here it comes. 

5th request for assistance, but only one forum post. 

Then you say you are unable to hear,  but the printer "makes all of the noises associated with printing". 

Ok, I'm done messing with you.

(Windows or MAC)?

Are your inks new and/or in good working order?

Hard to say with certainty what the issue is.  Have you tried turning the printer off and unplugging it for a minute?

What program are you printing from?

Does the problem occur with any doc or just a certain one?

What happens if you open notepad, type aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and then press print?

If you have the same result trying to print any doc, regardless of the program, then I would try uninstalling, restarting my machine and reinstalling the printer. 

Grab the >> latest driver while you're at it

If the printer jams repeatedly, and you are fanning the paper, etc, it could be a faulty feed mechanism or sensor.  If this is the case, the printer is done and reinstalling will not help.  Keep in mind its a $35 dollar printer. The adage you get what you pay for applies here.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi helmutnc,

Since the paper wont feed, I recommend a roller cleaning. Please click HERE for the steps.

If this does not resolve the issue, the printer comes with a 1 year warranty. Since you purchased it about a year ago, I recommend you contact Canon and get a warranty exchange. I also recommend making sure you a have a copy of the printers receipt. That is required for processing an exchange.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements