cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PX492 has no display

JBH1294
Apprentice

Hi, my PX492 is about a year old. It was printing well until recently after I changed the settings to print envelopes. After restoring the prior settings and plugging it in, the power light is lit but nothing appears on the  display screen.   I have pushed both the copy and settings button (as per manual). Nada! This is not dealt with in the manual. Have any of you had this happen, or do you have any suggestions as to how to remedy (other than take it to the dump). Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JBH1294,

Please disconnect the power cord from the outlet and then connect it directly into a different wall outlet, without using a surge protector/power strip.

If the display still does not illuminate, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JBH1294
Apprentice
Thank you Patrick. Unplugging did not work and customer service does not recognize the phone number associated with my product registration, so I can’t get past the phone gatekeeper. I appreciate your responsiveness.

You can get over-the-phone support for your PIXMA MX492 by registering your printer.  It quick and easy, and you can do it HERE.  Once you've done that, you should be able to get right through to a member of our US-based support staff.

We look forward to working with you!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements