cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTER prints blanks all of sudden. HELP!! URGENT

jdicresce
Apprentice

My cannon MG5420 is printing blanks both from wifi and when I use USB port. I have checked the ink levels and even run devuce maintenance on the ink.  All is fine but ANYTHING I print just produces a vertical blue line and NO type/etc..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi jdicresce,

I would like to have you print a nozzle check pattern from the printer to see if the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

When the nozzle check pattern printed, did it look like the image below, including the black grid at the top above the colors?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi jdicresce!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi jdicresce,

I would like to have you print a nozzle check pattern from the printer to see if the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

When the nozzle check pattern printed, did it look like the image below, including the black grid at the top above the colors?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It did not print the black grid. I then allowed it to self clean the nozzle head which might have been clogged. No improvement. What now?! I have also replaced the printer cartridge and all of the ink.
Announcements