cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIxma MG6220 Driver Problem after Windows 10 Creator Update

jl224990
Apprentice

I had this printer since 2012.  I had it set up in wired network environment (connected to my Wifi router).   It had been working through Windows 7 and Windows 10 just fine. But two days ago,  I upgraded to Windows 10 Creator Update.  All of sudden Canon's Auto Scan program stopped working.  After pressing "Scan", it gave the error message:

Cannot scan for these reasons:

-Scanner is turned off.

-(If using LAN connection) It is disconnected from LAN.

-(If using wirelss LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

-Netowrk connection is prohibited by security software.

-Difference scanner on the network is selected.

Please check and try again.  Code: 5,157,61

I know all of above reasons do not apply because my networking and hardware environments remain the same.  

I went to Windows Setting -> Printers & Scanners. I tried to print a test page.  It didn't work.  So I remove the device.  I went to Canon official site to downloaded the latest driver "MG6200 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02" and installed again.  Then I tried to print he test page.  Unfortunately, it still failed.  Auto Scan program still threw the same complaint. 

I guess the driver is not compatible with the new Windows Update.  I removed the device again from Windows Setting. Then just let Windows to search printer and install driver.  It automatically installed WS version driver.  This driver works with Windows Scan App, but still not with Auto Scan program.  

Does anyone have the same issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

zootsuit
Contributor

I installed the Creators Update last week. Ever since then, my MX892 is working but very slowly. It now takes 20-30 seconds for the driver to generate the image to be printed, then another 20-30 seconds for the printer to recognize the file sent from the router.

I tried resetting the wifi connection. A month or so ago I got a new router and reset the printer using the WPS setup. The setup worked flawlessly and the printer did, too. This time when I reset the printer the WPS method failed so I had to use the standard setup. That didn't fix the problem. Printing is now unacceptably slow.

Canon has to update its drivers for Windows Creators Update.

Canonfriend
Apprentice

I have exactly the same issue with the Canon Pixma MG5450. Printing still works, but the scanning tool fails (IJ Scan). I hope the Canon staff is looking at this feedback. I also always participated at the Canon inventory scanning , so I am surprized about the fact the scanning is no longer working. I need this for my job ASAP.

Announcements