cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA g3400 and black cardige from g4510

WiBi
Apprentice

Greetings,

I have been using my Canon g3400 for two years till now. It starts print blurry in black. My last hope was the change of black cardige and there is a problem. There is qy6-8002 black print head in g3400. I have bought print head qy6-8011 from g4510 which is replacement of qy6-8002. It looks the same, but printer says it's not compatible - error 1473. I have bought this cardige with corrupted PIXMA g4510.

My g3400 prints test site right in service mode with cardige qy6-8011, but in normal mode error occured. Is there possibility to force printer to use incompatible print head? Best regards. Witek

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Props for trying to be creative. 

"Last hopes" should include using the correct OEM manufacturer produced  ink cartriges and parts for your device.  Not aftermarket and not those intended for another model even if similar.

Last hopes for correcting blurry text should also include cleaning the encoder strip which if dirty, might cause blurry text.

Example from G3200

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART170550&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

There is no way to force the printer to use parts intended for another device. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thx for answer. The encoder strip was cleaned, and there is no difference. I think that this is the end of my journey with qy6-8011. Hands down.
Announcements