cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9120 won't print on CD/DVD

warnergt
Apprentice

Just bought a PIXMA TS9120 for printing CDs and DVDs.

I set the printer up using an Ethernet connection.

I installed drivers on my Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6).

When I print, I select "CD-DVD Tray."

It promptly prints to paper.

I tried inserting the DVD ahead of printing.  It tells me to remove the CD-DVD tray.

Searched forums for a sollution.

One suggested that it only worked with a USB connection.

So, I set up the printer using USB.

It still will not print CDs or DVDs.  It behaves the same.

If I can't get this working very soon, I am returning this printer.

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi warnergt! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If the link does not work for you, you can reach them by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday to Friday from 10AM to 10PM ET. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please visit the following link for details on how to print disc labels with the TS9120

TS9100 series Online Manual : Create and Print Personalized Disc Labels

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That does not solve my problem. 

The bottom line is that the printer driver gives the option of selecting "Feed from: CD-DVD Tray" but that option does not work.

The software has a bug which prevents it from working properly. Printer software quality control at Canon is very poor.

dlambkin
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with the TS8220 that I just bought.  I had the Pixma MG7520 which printed CDs/DVDs with no problem using my MAC (OS Mojave) and Disc Cover software.  That printer died so I bought the TS8220 two days ago.  The TS8220 will print CDs using the Canon Easy-Print Photo Editor software, but that software is too simplistic, it just doesn't have enough features.  Whenever I try to print CD's with the Disc Cover software, it always defaults to the rear paper tray, it will not engage the M Disc Tray.  I have set up the specs for the M Tray via the Custom option on the printer menu.  When printing, I always set the "Feed From" option as "CD-DVD Tray" and the "Media Type" option as"Disc."  I contacted Canon's Technical help line, but they weren't able to help because of unfamiliarity with the Disc Cover software.  

There should be a command to change the printer's default to the disc printing tray.  As is, it only gives the option of the bottom cassette or the rear feed.   

This is really frustrating since I print CDs and DVDs on almost a daily basis.  

My MG7520 suddenly stopped to print DISC labels from my Mac. I have used it for last 4 years w/o problem but now it directs to paper tray 1 or 2. This problem is similar as mentioned by member on PIXMA TS9120 in the post.

laird
Contributor

I too used the MG7520 for years to print DVDs without problems. It died so I bought a TS9520 but that only selects the CD tray using Easy-print or My Image garden but not any other programme (Printworks or Swift Publisher) as it gets shunted to the rear tray. I've tried different computers and different software, using WiFi or USB with same results.

Announcements