cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9120 keeps going offline

Librarian07
Apprentice

My TS9120 keeps going offline after it's idle and then it doesn't come back on when I send a job to print.  I've tried reinstalling it, tried wireless as well as LAN connections.  Sometimes restarting the printer works, sometimes it doesn't.   Any ideas???

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I would start by giving the printer a static IP address.

Printer sleeps, gets turned off, etc, it will always get the same IP, and you will always be able to identify or find it on your network.  This will help with any troubleshooting as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Librarian07
Apprentice

I finally called Canon Tech Support.  Printer is actually online, but the Mac isn't seeing it.  Solution seems to be to toggle the WI-FI off and then back on.  The printer then shows up as online again.  Kind of a work-around, but easier than anything else I've tried previously.

My recommendation is a solution.  A static IP will resolve this issue

Tech support gave you a "work around"

Deal with it once, or deal with it everytime you want to print.

Your choice.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

I don't know how to give my printer a static IP.  I'll do some research on that.

The "work around" is NOT working anyway.  Logging OFF of my wi-fi and then logging back ON worked a couple of times, but not reliably.  I'm almost ready to dump this printer and try something else.

Same problem on my TS9120. I would appreciate hearing how to set up the static IP address... if that's the solution. BTW does having a VPN (Surfeasy) affect this IP address issue?

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bilg,

If your computer is connected to a vpn then yes it will cause a issue. The computer will be on the virtual private network and the printer would not. The best work around for that situation if the printer is next to the computer is to use a printer usb cord. If not, the printer would need to be on the same network as the computer.

Now if the printer and computer are on the same network, I recommend disabling the ipv6 setting on the printer. Please click HERE for the steps.  

If you would like to speak with someone in real time about this issue, you can also call the Canon support team for free  at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1. If I connect using the USB (printer to desktop computer) will that affect my laptop's wireless access to the printer? 2. And is disabling the ipv6 setting part of the suggestion to connect via USB? If not, can you briefly explain why that setting maybe causing an issue - is it related to the VPN also. Thanks for your help.
Announcements