cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9020: turning on yields support code 6004

Anaya
Apprentice

Hi all,

A friend has just given me a brand new TS9020 Pixma printer. I downloaded the driver and all the software. The printer shows up as a new printer on my print menu, so the computer recognizes it. (W7) I went through the steps to connect it to my wireless at home. I created a document in Word and printed it, no problem. I tried to print a letter from the web (a notice I got from my student loan provider) and got an error message (Support Code 6004) telling me to cancel the print job (I did), turn it off, unplug it, and then replug it in, turn it back on and try again. All that happened was I got a Support Code 6004 as soon as I turned it on. I can't get it to do anything at this point. The support code message just sits there. I've turned it on and off several more times, waiting longer in case it needs more time to reset itself, but as soon as I turn it on that's the only thing that pops up. I tried searching online, to no avail, it's too late to call the service center, so I thought, JIC someone on here has seen this before, I might get a bit of guidance.

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Brand new device??

Return and exchange the printer.  Something is wrong with it. 

Error 6004

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Anaya,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements