Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS8160 won't print black and white

spicksandspecks
Apprentice

Hi there,

I'm printing using a TS8160 on Mac OS X 10.15.1

I'm trying to print in "black and white" mode by selecting the black and white button in the print dialog box, but the printer continues to print in colour.

This is happening across multiple applications - emails, PDFs, Word etc.

Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere that I need to fix?

Best wishes,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

hVYTOYS
Contributor

go to your printer and open it's properties.  in there is where you will find the setting for this in the preferences tab.

Darius
Whiz

Hi, Spicksandspecks.

If the Black and White or Grayscale options in the Printing Preferences (Windows) or Print window (Mac OS) do not prevent the TS8160 from printing color, check the settings in the program from which you are printing.  Some programs, such as Adobe products, feature their own print settings that may override the general system settings on the computer.  If you are printing from such a program, check the guides for the software from which you're printing to ensure that the program's Black & White/Grayscale settings are enabled.

If the color only appears when making copies, ensure that the Black & White Start is pressed on the copy screen; the machine's Color Start button will make color copies regardless the computer's print settings.

SInce the TS8160 is not a U.S.-released model, there may be specific settings that are not present on the U.S.-released TS8120.  If that is the case, you may wish to contact Canon Europe for more specific help.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your help.

I have tried checking the preferences in the browser and I have selected the black & white tick box, but it still prints in colour.

I'm using Firefox for Mac.

Announcements