Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6120 printer won't print from cassette tray

Dave5
Apprentice

I get the message:

"Support Code                        1000

There is no paper in the rear tray.

Check the following, than load paper and select (OK).

-Align paper guides with the paper.

How to clear               OK"

I don't want to print from the rear tray; I want to print from the cassette tray. I do select the cassette paper type yet the message, above, is always the same. Support Code 1000 just tell how to load the cassette tray.

HELP, please

Dave5

43 REPLIES 43

My MG5300 has inexplicably switched to the rear tray occasionally.  I just printed a 14 page doc from Google Drive on Chrome.  Not certain which tray it was using this time but after 3 pages it gave me an error that the rear tray didn't have paper.  It did.  I fiddled with it and restarted the job a bunch of times.  I found the Feed setting in Setup and made certain that it was on Cassette.  The Printer settings for the job does not have any options about the Feed.  I also turned the printer off and on.  Nothing works.  Help.  

GordonWhitman
Apprentice

I have the same issue - it has all of a sudden decided that i should print from rear and not from cassette.  I am considering throwing this printer against the wall to see it will reset.  I have looked at online manual and elsewhere on the web and I cannot see how i can reset this so that it accepts the paper from the cassette. 

I had another printer for years and replaced it with one.  It only started giving me problems within a few months!!

If anyone has any ideas of how to reset the paper tray, let me know.  I turned off and unplugged printer for a few minutes hoping that would reset it but it did not.

Thanks

did you find a resolution for this?  I'm not having any luck with the suggestions listed

GAVE UP

thanks, glad Canon provided us with pieces of crap printers with forced top load paper entry and a fancy cartridge to STORE paper, but clearly not to feed from. 

Now, all 5 Canon TS8220 printers are ALL started every morning default source print from back tray. We have to feed paper one page at a time. The TS8220 will NOT print from cassette tray.

Then, we found out this Canon TS8220 printer had this exact unable to print from bottom cassette tray problem since 2013. That is SEVEN years since this problem has been shown in Google search. Canon has done NOTHING to correct this problem.

This makes us MAD. VERY MAD.

No response what so ever from CANON since 2013.

Found my solution here.  Printing from Adobe was fine, my problem started with Word.  See:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174811&cat=MEGATANK_INKJET_PRINTERS&actp=L...

I'll save this for when I next print, thanks for sharing!!

In the PC printer controll panel, we have set the paper source from bottom paper cassette tray.

However, checking the printer, there are NO paper source setting. It default auto set the paper source from back tray.

This printer ignor the PC printer control setting.

THIS SOLVES THE PROBLEM!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Announcements