Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6120 printer won't print from cassette tray

Dave5
Apprentice

I get the message:

"Support Code                        1000

There is no paper in the rear tray.

Check the following, than load paper and select (OK).

-Align paper guides with the paper.

How to clear               OK"

I don't want to print from the rear tray; I want to print from the cassette tray. I do select the cassette paper type yet the message, above, is always the same. Support Code 1000 just tell how to load the cassette tray.

HELP, please

Dave5

43 REPLIES 43

You should be able to print from anything.  Shouldn't HAVE to use Adobe.  The problem is cannon

Had this problem before and somehow paper choice was changed.  That fixed issue.

It's doing it again today and nothing is fixing it. Register paper when loaded in tray, A4 or letter,  turning on/off, starting over on device , nothing works.   Just printed yesterday without issue,  today it only want back loader.   Garbage.  Next printer won't be cannon.  Will find one where you choose paper location.  

Mmmmok
Apprentice
Ok I had this issue with my TS6160 , an I just solved like five minutes ago.
Open rear tray flap, then close it.
Message on screen says to register paper type an size.
DO NOT CLICK OK..... clicking ok registers that you have placed paper in the rear tray, so it wants to print from the rear...
CLICK THE RETURN ARROW
An happy printing days ahead🤙

You got lucky. Doesn't work

Mmmmok
Apprentice
Cannon in there vast wisdom has failed to include a button to choose which tray you would like to print from. By registering paper type an size for the rear tray it seems to want to print from that tray as default. So don’t register that there is paper in the rear an you can then print from the bottom cartridge

What Canon done since 2013 is blaming users unable to load paper properly in the printer bottom cassette tray. All the complains, Canon is tone deaf.

What Canon have NOT done since 2013 to 2020 is refuse to SET the printer paper source. So it automatically select the back tray and users can ONLY put 1 page in at 1 time.

We give up Canon.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Everyone,

When it comes to selecting the source that the paper feeds from, there are a few factors to keep in mind. The cassette tray on the front is for A4 or letter sized plain paper only.

1. If you select any paper type other than plain paper, it will select the rear tray.
  2. If you select any other size other than A4 or letter, it will select the rear tray.
  3. The device that you are printing from will determine what tray the paper feeds from.

Depending on what the settings are for the paper size type and source are, the printer can select the rear tray. You can try clearing any jobs waiting to be printed on your device. After clearing any jobs, you can try printing again and checking your print settings. Make sure the setting are set to letter sized plain paper and the paper source is set to the cassette.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same answer from Canon again and again and again.

No one since 2013 know how to load paper into Canon TS6120 to TS8220 printers. Ever.

We cannot print from the printer's bottom cassette paper tray.

This Canon printer do NOT allow to set print paper source. It automatically set paper source to back paper feed, one page at one time.

Very bad printer firmware. Canon refuse to make correction. Refuse to answer this same problem, since 2013. Canon technical support refuse to offer ANY support, even we just purchase the Canon Pixma TS8220 at Best Buy online on March 26, 2020.

We gave up.

Hi jgy2001,

It is possible to switch between the cassette and the rear tray. The setting will be located in the printer preferences on the device that you are printing from. At this point I would suggest contacting our free support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to see what is causing the problem with selecting the paper source. If you are having problems reaching our support team make sure you have the printer registered. You can register the printer using the link provided HERE.

For everyone who is having this problem, BE SURE TO CHECK THE ACTUAL SIZE OF THE PAPER YOUR APPLICATION HAS SELECTED! I spent two frustrating days trying to resolve this, and finally called Canon support. The tech rep had me pull up the print dialog box in Photoshop. For some reason, the paper size selected was 8" x 10" instead of 8.5" x 11" (letter size). I assume it's because Photoshop thinks I'm printing an image on photo paper, rather than a proof print on plain paper.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements