Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6120 printer won't print from cassette tray

Dave5
Apprentice

I get the message:

"Support Code                        1000

There is no paper in the rear tray.

Check the following, than load paper and select (OK).

-Align paper guides with the paper.

How to clear               OK"

I don't want to print from the rear tray; I want to print from the cassette tray. I do select the cassette paper type yet the message, above, is always the same. Support Code 1000 just tell how to load the cassette tray.

HELP, please

Dave5

43 REPLIES 43

Ramona
Authority

Hi Dave5,

The following paper sizes can be loaded in the cassette tray of the printer:  A4, B5, A5, or Letter-sized plain paper.  All other paper sizes will need to be loaded in the rear tray of the printer.  More information on loading paper in the cassette and rear trays of the printer can be viewed here.

If you have one of the supported paper sizes loaded in the cassette tray of the printer, please ensure that the same paper size and type are selected in the printer driver and application that you are printing from.  If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Simply, how do I set print for the cassette tray on my tablet 6220?

Basically, my problem is trying to set the main printing option to using the cassette tray. It defaults to the back tray printing, and says the wrong paper is loaded. I am trying to print a picture off of my phone. I have printed it once before recently, and it worked fine, now it is showing support code 1000. I have letter selected on my phone print app, and I have letter sized paper loaded in the printer along with the blue tabs set to letter size as well. I have the ts6220, any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Hopefully you were able to resolve this by now! I had the same issue and somehow the cassette paper size was changed. I pulled out the cassette and replaced it and saw the paper was set to A4 when I wanted it to be Letter. I changed it and that solved the problem. Hope this helps!

That worked here !

Thanks !

@sunnysea47 wrote:

Hopefully you were able to resolve this by now! I had the same issue and somehow the cassette paper size was changed. I pulled out the cassette and replaced it and saw the paper was set to A4 when I wanted it to be Letter. I changed it and that solved the problem. Hope this helps!

tatd
Apprentice

These options do not correct the problem. I also tried to change the settings to "cassette" but I get a warning triangle with exclamation point that I cannot changed the source.

Another other ideas?

Thanks

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tatd,

Please make sure that your PIXMA TS6120 is set for the paper that you have loaded in the cassette:

1.  Press the HOME button.

2.  Select Setup.

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Select Device settings.

5.  Select Feed settings.

6.  Select Register paper information.

7.  Verify that the Rear tray and Cassette are both set to Letter and Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having this issue too.  Something has changed, not sure what. Never had this problem before. I checked to see if both are set to letter and they are. The software shows "automatically selected" But when I go to the actual printer driver, it says paper source Rear tray. I have deleted the printer and reinstalled it and it is still having an issue.  There doesn't appear to be a way to override the 'selection'.

No. The problem is we WANT to set default paper source set to cassette, NOT back tray feed.

For some unknown reason the printer do NOT allow the paper source to default to cassette feed.

Regardless we set the source to cassette feed in our computer, it keep feeding paper source from back tray.

This is very BAD default setting design and totally firmware fault.

Announcements