cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6020 print jobs only go to docments folder

JoePortland
Apprentice

I have two PIXMA TS 6020 printers and two desktop computers that use Windows 10. Both printers are set up to be wireless and have worked flawlessly for the past two years. One printer and computer are on the main floor of my house. The other printer and computer are in the basement of my house.

For the past three days, whenever I try to print from my main floor computer to my main floor printer, the printer will not print the document. Instead, the documents folder on my main floor desktop computer pops up, wanting me to save the document. I am, however, able to print documents from:

1. My main floor computer to my basement printer

2. My basement computer to my main floor printer

3. My basement computer to my basement printer.

When I hover my mouse over the printer info before trying to print, I get the following information: Status: Ready; Type: Canon TS6000 series; Where: File. The printer seems to think that I want to Print to File instead of my wanting to print an actual document.

Both computers say that they have software version 2.030. I'm not sure whether or not it matters, but I updated both computers to the "Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64" right around the time this problem started.

I've looked everwhere within the printer settings for a box that says "Always Print to File" but have not been able to find one.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 REPLY 1

JoePortland
Apprentice

I just fixed this problem by removing the problem printer in the Settings part of my computer. The printer then automatically installed itself and started working correctly.

Announcements