cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS 8120 REINSTALL

JimSpy
Contributor

Hey, y'all, I'm attempting to reinstall my wife's printer on my Windows 10 desktop. Things got pretty dicey with it, and I just uninstalled the device. But upon reinstalling, I'm getting duplicate devices - Copy 1, Copy 2, Direct-This, Scan-That, etc. I want to do a CLEAN, FROM-SCRATCH reinstall of the device, the drivers, the support software, the little shortcut icon on the desktop, and that's it. How do I blow away everything and start from scratch, as if it's never been here before?

For example, right now, I clicked "Add A Printer", and I'm getting three different choices:

• TS8100 Series_LotsOfAlphaBits
    Multifunction Printer, Inkjet Printer, Scanner

• Canon TS8100 Series Printer

• DIRECT-gv37-TS8100 Series
    Multifunction Printer

Which one should I choose? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi JimSpy,

The "access denied" error is fine.  You will see that the printer is removed from the list.

Once you remove from that window, and uninstall the driver from the Control Panel, it is uninstalled.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

JimSpy
Contributor

Well, now, don't all answer at once!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JimSpy,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TS8100 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all TS8100's are removed.

5.  Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.

6.  At the top, click on Print Server Properties.

7.  Click on the Driver tab.

8.  Click on the TS8100 in the list.  Click the Remove button at the bottom.

9.  Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.

10.  Click Yes and then Delete.

11.  Repeat until all TS8100s are removed from the list.

12.  Click Close to close that window.

13.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

14.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

15.  Click once on "Canon TS8100 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

16.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

17.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/ts-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "TS8100 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-ts8100-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for stepping up, Patrick.  I appreciate the clear and concise instructions. 

I succeeded in performing steps 1 - 9.  But instead of confirming deletion, I got the following error:

The following package(s) can not be deleted:

ts8100p6.inf (x64)
This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
Canon TS8100 series; This driver is used on:
Canon TS8100 series (Copy 1)
Canon TS8100 series

The following driver(s) can not be deleted:

Driver Canon TS8100 series (x64) is in use. It is used on:
Canon TS8100 series (Copy 1)
Canon TS8100 series

There was a "copy 1" but I definitely deleted both TS8100 devices from the list. 

What should I try next?

I'd really appreciate hearing from someone on this issue post haste. There is some important work getting tied up by this glitch. Thanks....

Hi JimSpy,

Please reboot your computer and try again.

If the issue persists, there may be old print jobs left in the print spooler.  To remove these, please view my post here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Printer-Discussion/Windows-10-Remove-Jobs-from-Queue/m-p/...

Once you have the Print Spool service back on, please follow the steps above.

OK, I rebooted the computer.  No love.  

I followed the instructions in that link, then picked up where I left off.  This time I got a little further, but am up against another error:

Failed to remove package ts8100p6.inf. Access is denied.

So I think it deleted the driver but not the software package.  How do I give myself access to delete the package?  Or is that just  a stray file that I can ignore/work around?  

Hi JimSpy,

The "access denied" error is fine.  You will see that the printer is removed from the list.

Once you remove from that window, and uninstall the driver from the Control Panel, it is uninstalled.

Hang in there, I just got back from a long RV trip.  Give me a day or so to recuperate. 

Hi Patrick,

Your step by step instructions are just what I was looking for.  I have successfully followed them but for unknown reasons during the install I am not able to get past "12" of the 14 steps.  On one of my several attempts something popped up on the task bar that I clicked on and it allowed the installation to continue and finish 14 of 14 but then the printer failed to connect to my network and I have yet to figure that out either.  Yes, I'm dealing with two separate issues and I'm hoping that you can help me with both.  Thanks in advance.  Jerry.  

Announcements